01 October 2007

FAQ's

We are creating the blog as a way for Vince to let us all know what he's doing and how things are going while he's in Iraq. Through the comments section it will also be easy for us to leave him messages. He'll also be able to post pictures so the rest of us can see what it's really like.

Current FAQ's:
· When does he leave? The Sunday after Thanksgiving for a month of training. Right now it looks like he will be home for Christmas and then leave for Iraq mid-January.
· How long will he be there? 6 months. He will probably be home by the end of July.
· Where will he be? In the Green Zone in Baghdad. He will live in a trailer within walking distance of work, the dining hall, etc.
· What kind of contact will he have? We don’t know about phone service right now (although I know lots of servicemen use phone cards.) We're assuming he'll have email, and he'll have this blog! I'm sure he won't mind receiving mail either :-)

2 comments:

William Hoel said...

Thanks Viince and Betsy! This is a great idea. I've already bookmarked the site so I can come back often.

Unknown said...

Vince-
I was searching Blogs-Iraq and stumbled upon yours. My name is Chris and I just returned from a 6-month hitch in the International Zone. You will have a pretty sweet setup. Internet/Cable in your room. Bathroom/shower in your room. Most folks get issued a cell phone and they have a New York extension, which means your family can call you. You cam check out my two blogs and get a sense of what you're about to take part in. Not every detail is in there, but if you want to know the more "in-depth" stuff, feel free to shot me an e-mail. afnbroadcaster@gmail.com