08 February 2008

Travelling the country


Vince hasn't been posting because he's been on the road constantly and will be for a couple more weeks. We've had contact with him daily, either by phone or instant message. He's now seen quite a bit of the country and a wide variety of construction projects. I can't always tell from photos what is being constructed, but I've identified a treatment plant, school and medical clinic. As you can see, they travel in style :-)
He really enjoyed dinner hosted by an Iraqi general and getting to visit with one of the generals whose English was pretty good due to a year spent in the US. This week he was able to spend several hours with our Marine friend, Matt, and they talked about their families and encouraged each other.
I finally spent a little time on the GRD website he linked below, and it is amazing to see how much has already been constructed. I had no idea! I know why he is excited to be a part of these projects and a part of helping the country of Iraq.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Vince,
We miss you around here. Very proud of the job you are doing. I wish I had a chance to play in the big sandbox. James Heckman