16 July 2008

Banjo and the Colonel


This photo cracked me up!! Below are Vince's comments. I have to wonder what the folks over think about the Colonel with his stuffed lion ;-)


"Banjo and the Colonel are at the Hadditha Hospital in Western Iraq. Banjo was hoping to see some children but the type of visit was focused on the project. We will be constructing a new wing in place of one that was destroyed by a vehicle bomb several years ago. The project will also install additional equipment like a modern X-Ray machine."

4 comments:

David M said...

The Thunder Run has linked to this post in the blog post From the Front: 07/17/2008 News and Personal dispatches from the front and the home front.

Anonymous said...

You have to love that a man holding a small, stuffed lion still demands such respect and carries his authority well.

I love this picture!!

Marcia

Anonymous said...

Hey Col Saroni!!
Enjoyed your blog. I am so proud of you and all you have acomplished. Can't wait to catch up.

Love to the family and all the troops.

CMSgt (Ret)Lois Reasoner
lois.reasoner@sbcglobal.net

Anonymous said...

Hey Sir, You should speak openly to Banjo and make people salute him.

This is weird, but I'm actually missing parts of that place. I miss my Pendleton "kids". Looking forward to getting together when you get back.

Matt