15 January 2008

Vince in transit Stop #2

Yesterday I traveled to St Louis MO where Scott AFB IL is on the other side of the Mississippi River. I picked up my two weapons early this morning. I'm sitting in the gracious USO office in the Baltimore MD airport with 200+ of my newest Air Force friends. We are all waiting for the Patriot Express flight that departs O-dark-thirty tomorrow morning. We make several stops to drop off and pickup other airman: Germany and Italy. Within about 24 hours I should arrive in the Arabian Gulf country of Qatar ("cutter") to pick up the last pieces of my gear. Then on to Kuwait to pickup Army soldiers before landing at Baghdad International Airport. From there I will take an armoured bus the 30 miles to the International Zone (IZ or Green Zone). Next post will be from down range.

No comments: